HELLO BELLO PATTERN CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Information on how to enter, the prizes, and rules for redeeming the prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry for the Hello Bello Pattern Contest (the “Contest”). Participation in the Contest is deemed acceptance of these “Official Rules” (“Official Rules”) and any other notices referenced herein.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Contest.
1. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Unconditional Love Inc. D/B/A Hello Bello, 17383 Sunset Blvd, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272 (“Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old or older as of the date of entry and who otherwise meet the requirements set out in these Official Rules. Ineligible groups include employees of Sponsor, its owners, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, contractors, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and/or those living in the same household.
3. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree unconditionally to be bound by these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Full Contest Period for Part 1 and Part 2: The Contest begins on Friday, October 11, 2019 at 12:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends at 11:59 PM PST on Wednesday October 30th, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: This Contest consists of two parts. Please carefully review the entry instructions for each part of this Contest.
Part 1 (Pattern Submission): To enter Part 1 of the Contest, you must create a diaper pattern and doodle it (the “Doodle”) in accordance with the Content Requirements, detailed below. You must complete the Contest entry form on the Contest Website (the “Doodle Entry”). You will be asked to provide your full name, city, state, phone number, email address, and Doodle submission. You must attach your Doodle to your Doodle Entry (in a format accepted by Gleam) and click the “Submit” button on the entry page. Your Doodle Entry (complete with Doodle) must be received by Sponsor by Friday, October 18th, 2019 at 12:00 AM PST (the “Doodle Deadline”). Doodle Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. You may enter only one (1) time. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Contest. If you use other fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Official Rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Content Requirements: Your Doodle must not: (a) violate any law or regulation; (b) violate any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, or rights of privacy and publicity; (c) depict any content that is obscene, offensive, suggestive, inappropriate, objectionable, promotes any particular political agenda or message, promotes activities that may appear illegal, unsafe or dangerous, or is unsuitable for the uses contemplated in these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; (d) have been entered in any other contest or have been published or distributed in any other media; or (e) communicates messages or images inconsistent with Sponsor’s reputation, image, and/or goodwill. Sponsor reserves the right to reject your Doodle for any reason. By submitting the Doodle, you represent and warrant that (a) the Doodle is an original work created solely by you; (b) you own all rights to the Doodle; and (c) the Doodle Entry complies with all requirements of these Official Rules. Doodles can be hand or computer images in jpeg or PDF format. No size restrictions. Sponsor reserves the right to enhance the winning pattern to get it ready for print.
Judging Criteria for Part 1: Sponsor will review all eligible Doodle Entries submitted by the Doodle Deadline and will select the top five (5) Doodles to move on to Part 2 of the Contest as the five (5) Doodle finalists (“Doodle Finalists”), subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The judging (by Sponsor) will be based on the following criteria (the “Judging Criteria”): The “Judging Criteria” includes originality (40%), creativity (30%), appropriateness to time of year (10%), functionality (5%), brand alignment (5%), ease of execution (5%), printability (5%). In the event of a tie, the Doodle from all such tied entries with the higher/highest score in the originality criterion will be considered a Doodle Finalist and move on to Part 2 of the Contest with the other Doodle Finalists (for a total of five (5) Doodle Finalists).
Part 2 (Voting): To enter Part 2 of the Contest, you must complete a Contest Voting entry form on the Contest website that asks you to vote for your favorite Doodle from five (5) Doodle Finalists (“Voting Entry”) determined via Part 1 of the Contest, beginning Monday, October 18, 2019. You do not need to submit a Doodle to vote in Part 2 of the contest. You will be asked to provide your full name, city, state, phone number, email address, and your one (1) vote for your favorite Doodle. Your Voting Entry (complete with your vote) must be received by Sponsor by Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST (the “Voting Deadline”). Voting Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. You may enter only one (1) time. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Contest. The Doodle that receives the most votes from among all eligible Voting Entries will be deemed the winning Doodle by Sponsor.
If you use other fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Official Rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Standard text messaging, data, and/or other rates may apply to participants who enter the Contest via a wireless mobile device. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
If Sponsor believes that any entry does not comply with these Official Rules or violates these Official Rules in any way, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove the entry. Sponsor’s decisions regarding entries are final and binding and not subject to challenge or appeal.
Use of Winning Doodle: The winning Doodle is expected to go into production in March 2020 and be used on all sizes of diapers, to be on sale for a limited-time. Sponsor could potentially use this print beyond Summer 2020 and for non-diaper related uses. However, production of the Doodle is not guaranteed and Sponsor is under no obligation to do so. Sponsor also reserves the right to adjust the production date in its sole discretion. Sponsor shall have no liability under any legal theory should the winning Doodle not be produced. Without limiting the foregoing, the winning Doodle creator shall have NO right of review or approval of the Doodle should it go into production. The possible production of the winning Doodle shall have no retail value and winner will not receive any royalty, compensation, or payment in conjunction therewith (except for the single prize awarded as described below in these Official Rules).
6. Winner selection and notification:
Part 1: Among the five (5) Doodle Finalists that were chosen by Sponsor in Part 1 of the Contest, the one (1) who receives the most votes during Part 2 will be the winner and will be selected on Monday, November 4th, 2019 for a prize.
Each random drawing will take place under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via email within three (3) days following the winner selection. Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winner not checking email, security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information or incorrect, inactive, or non-functioning email account. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within seven (7) days from the time the award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Part 1: One (1) winner, selected from among the five (5) Doodle Finalists, will receive one (1) year of Bundles (the “Prize”). Each bundle includes (7) packs of diapers and (4) packs of wipes. Total Prize value is $780. Also, a donation of $780 will be made to a charity of choice, chosen by the winner. The charity must be approved by Sponsor.
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of Prize award. The specifics of the Prize shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The Prize is non-transferable. Any and all Prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local income and withholding taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of Prize or transfer/assignment of Prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest you understand that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review, or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry, the Doodle, and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
Sponsor’s Rights to Doodles: By participating in this Contest, you (a) irrevocably grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, creative derivative works of, exhibit, produce, and otherwise use your Doodle as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral or ownership rights that may preclude Sponsor’s use of your Doodle in any form or in any media, or require any further permission for Sponsor to use the Doodle; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor on the grounds that any use of the Doodle, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the Doodle, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights. This grant of rights will be confirmed by you upon Sponsor’s request and you agree to complete, sign, and deliver any and all necessary documents in a timely manner, including and without limitation, documents setting forth any licenses, releases and indemnities that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may require, without condition or compensation of any kind. Sponsor’s failure to receive all documentation from you within the prescribed timeframe, as required by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in the disqualification of your entry.
You also further expressly acknowledge that Sponsor does not owe you a duty of confidence (or fiduciary duty or the like) with regard to your entry and that Sponsor has wide access to ideas, designs, and other artistic materials submitted to them from outside sources or being developed by their own respective employees and that such ideas, designs, and artistic materials may be competitive with similar to (or even identical to) the entry submitted by you and that Sponsor shall have no liability to you or any third party in conjunction therewith.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, fairness, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to, a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, technical problem, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor disputes or strike, act of God or public enemy, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order or regulation, or order of any court or jurisdiction, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
11. Release and Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, respective officers, directors, employees and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action whether caused by negligence or not, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to (i) liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest or receipt of or use of any prize (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, servers, or providers; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service, including any errors on the Email platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (vi) printing errors; or (vii) incomplete, illegible, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, stolen, or undeliverable mail, including postage due prize notifications. You further agree that Sponsor has made no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to the prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. Governing Law/Jurisdiction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, including its choice of laws provision.
13. Arbitration Provision: By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees: (i) that any and all disputes the entrant may have with, or claims entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (a) the Contest, (b) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (c) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator in accordance with the rules of JAMS; (ii) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (iii) the arbitration shall be held in Los Angeles, California; (iv) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable entrant may have entered into in connection with the Contest; (v) the arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (vi) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (vii) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive, consequential, indirect, or incidental damages against the entrant or Sponsor and recovery shall be limited to monetary damages actually suffered; and (viii) with the exception of subpart (vi) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (vi) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither entrant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on JAMS and/or the rules of JAMS, visit their website at www.jamsadr.com.
15. Winners List: To request a copy of the winners’ list or a copy of the Official Rules, please mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Unconditional Love, Inc., 17383 Sunset Blvd, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272. Requests must be received within seven (7) days of the end of the Contest Period.